CodeCon coming up; interesting PostgreSQL talk

From: Quinn Weaver <qw(at)sf(dot)pm(dot)org>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CodeCon coming up; interesting PostgreSQL talk
Date: 2006-01-21 22:28:56
Lists: sfpug
Hi, everyone,

For those of you who don't know, this is a notice that CodeCon is
coming up.

CodeCon is a grass-roots conference run by hackers, for hackers.  It
was originally organized in 2001 by Bram Cohen and friends, who still
run the show as volunteers.  It tends to attract cutting-edge,
open-source projects.  At $63 (if you reg before February 1), it's
quite the deal. ;)

This year there's one talk that's PostgreSQL-specific:  Query By
Example, by Meredith L. Patterson.  Meredith is a comp bio hacker who
wowed us last year with a demo of web tools for designing and
ordering custom oligonucleotides.  This year she's done a non-comp
bio addition to PG.  She writes:

  now PostgreSQL can support WHERE clauses which find
  rows LIKE a set of rows you specify but NOT LIKE rows you don't want.

I am also speaking this year, on the topic of Dido, my Perl/XML system for
programming voice menu systems that can reorder themselves.  I remember
the Mosuki folks (at least some of whom are in SFPUG) spoke in 2004.

You can check out the full program, which was just posted, at
http://www.codecon.org/2006/program.html .  Hope I'll see you there. :)

--
qw (Quinn Weaver); #President, San Francisco Perl Mongers
=for information, visit http://sf.pm.org/weblog =cut

sfpug by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2006-01-22 05:06:05
Previous:From: Brian GhidinelliDate: 2006-01-17 23:17:44
Subject: Followup on benchmarks, results