Re: psqlodbc compilation and deployment on windows

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: shriganesh shintre <shri_31(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlodbc compilation and deployment on windows
Date: 2006-01-20 14:04:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> 1) I want to compile psql-odbc on windows. I am doing it through MinCW
> But when I run ./configure I get following error
> error: no suitable ODBC driver manager found.
> I also tried to download iODBC for windows but I could not get anything.
> Could you please help me or give me some pointers about how to proceed.

I'm sorry I don't use this environment so I cant help you.
I try shot to the dark. Do you specify ./configure --with-iodbc when
you installed iODBC?

> 2) Now if i could compile psql-odbc on windows to get the driver
> binaries then how can i install that driver on machine (without msi
> installer)? .
> Which registry entries i am suppose to do? Also what other suff is needed?

There is usually psqlodbc.reg in source archive. You have to edit
path to drivers and merge the reg file into registry.

> 3) I want to configure system DSN entry programmatically. I tried to
> use odbcconf.exe but somehow it does not work for me. Could you please

Somehow we can't help you. Maybe if you specify the problem better
we could be able to help you. What psqlODBC version do you use?
I add some feature to support odbcconf since 08.01.010X (I'm not sure
X > 4).

> suggest me some way to configure DSN entry for PostgreSQL odbc driver
> programmatically

You can find the solution here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcinstaller_dll_api_reference.asp

Regards,