Re: some question about SavePoint ?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: zhaoxin <zhaox(at)necas(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some question about SavePoint ?
Date: 2006-01-20 11:16:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> >There is some common known bugs in 08.01.0102 in implicit rollback.
> >Do you try latest development snapshot?
> >Maybe 08.01.0106 could better fit you. I don't know. We have some report
> >about similar problem (but reporter doesn't mentioned his psqlodbc
> >version).
>
> Do you mean that in 08.01.0106 I must not use the Savepoint to ignore
> some error ?? When error occurred in 08.01.0106, It can be continued to
> execute SQL without executing rollback first ???

There is some changes with implicit rollback in autocommit = on. I don't
know your situation exactly so it should or shouldn't help you.
The answer is:
Maybe yes. You have to try.

> What I want is to ignore some error returned ,and coninue to execute my
> SQL , do I have another way ?

Yes, you have. You could send us your mylog output and we could take
a look at your problem. But you could be sure we don't study 08.01.0102
mylog output becouse there are changes in development snapshots.

The best way is try tha latest development snapshot (08.01.0107). We're
going to release new "stable" version based ont 08.01.0107 in relative
short time. So if you want have easier life with new stable release you
may try the 08.01.0107 and report problem if there is one.

Regards,

Luf