BUG #2186: syntax error in postgresql.conf

From: "Alexander Yeliseyev" <y575(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2186: syntax error in postgresql.conf
Date: 2006-01-19 16:26:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2186
Logged by:          Alexander Yeliseyev
Email address:      y575(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system:   SuSe Linux 9.2
Details:

postgres(at)linux:~> ./pgSQL.boot
postgres(at)linux:~> cat server.log
FATAL:  syntax error in file "/Data/postgresql.conf" line 48, near token
","
postgres(at)linux:~>

the line 48 in postgresql.conf is:
listen_addresses = 'eth0','localhost'
                                        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                        # comma-separated list of
addresses;
                                        # defaults to 'localhost', '*' =
all

I can not understand, and it is not clear written in documentation, what is
the right syntax to configure PgSQL to listen connections from
192.168.15.0/24 network only. It always returns error and does not starts
up, just only writes this FATAL error in *.log file. And I have configured
it to listen from 'eth0' and just have added 'localhost' after comma, I have
received this error again.

pgsql-bugs by date