BUG #2186: syntax error in postgresql.conf

From: "Alexander Yeliseyev" <y575(at)yandex(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2186: syntax error in postgresql.conf
Date: 2006-01-19 16:26:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2186
Logged by:          Alexander Yeliseyev
Email address:      y575(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.2
Operating system:   SuSe Linux 9.2

postgres(at)linux:~> ./pgSQL.boot
postgres(at)linux:~> cat server.log
FATAL:  syntax error in file "/Data/postgresql.conf" line 48, near token

the line 48 in postgresql.conf is:
listen_addresses = 'eth0','localhost'
                                        # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                        # comma-separated list of
                                        # defaults to 'localhost', '*' =

I can not understand, and it is not clear written in documentation, what is
the right syntax to configure PgSQL to listen connections from network only. It always returns error and does not starts
up, just only writes this FATAL error in *.log file. And I have configured
it to listen from 'eth0' and just have added 'localhost' after comma, I have
received this error again.

pgsql-bugs by date