Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 23:21:42
Lists: pgsql-www
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Everything else does not run FreeBSD. All www.postgresql.org servers
>>> except borg (there are 5 in total, IIRC) run Linux today. AFAIK, archives
>>> and search also run on linux. (And on a mix of distros, which is probably
>>> not ideal)
>>
>> www.postgresql.org servers other then borg are mirrors, and not critical.
>> archives is a mirror, with the original being run on FreeBSD ... and search
>> can be recreated on the fly as required ...
> They are not critical? Do you hear yourself man?
>
> search is about to be a Linux machine.

Yup, and if we had to, it could be setup on a different machine just as
easily ... it rely's on the other servers, it isn't a stand alone ...
wwwmaster is a standalone, postgresql.org is a stand alone, pgfoundry is a
stand alone, as is gborg ... everything else *feeds* off of them,
including search ...

Sorry, didn't mean critical as not-important, I meant critical as in
easily reproduced from scratch if we had to ...

----