Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 22:58:36
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

>> My concerns with a plan like this are:
>> A) I do not know linux as well as FreeBSD.
>
> 80% of the Gforge admins are Linux guys afaik, which is why we need more
> FreeBSD help.
>
>> B) Can infrastructure be provided to allow for timely disaster recovery in
>> the
>> event of JD's hosting falling off the face of the earth, (much the same way
>> the pg servers in panama fell off a while ago).
>
> We don't have this *really* in the case of most of the infrastructure, and
> this isn't in place for pgFoundry right now with Marc hosting, afaik.

All of the vServers that are being run on mirrored to both other servers,
and other locations ... wwwmaster is mirrored back down to our core
servers in Panama, and those running on those servers are mirrored to a
secondary server within the same network, as well as offsite daily ...

That has always been a requirement.

----