Re: Press email list

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Press email list
Date: 2006-01-16 19:22:25
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> The press email list is getting too many spam messages. It doesn't make
>> sense for me to remain in the hope I get see one non-spam message every
>> six months.
>>

> I thought we were using greylisting? You should get very little
> spam.

We have pretty much everything enabled on the lists, including
Greylisting, but Greylisting doesn't help is someone sends the spam
through 'legit channels' ... like most anti-spam software, they do have a
finite lifetime before the spams just work around them ...

press is one of the only lists we run, though, that doesn't restrict
posters to it (ie. you don't have to be subscribed to post to it), so its
easier for the stray spam to get through to the subscribers ... not sure
why we don't have restrict_post set on it though ... JoshB and RobertT are
both owners of the list, maybe they can comment ... ?

-----