Re: A question about pages. Now is VERY clear!

From: tmorelli(at)tmorelli(dot)com(dot)br
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A question about pages. Now is VERY clear!
Date: 2006-01-12 20:19:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom, Guido

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Now I understand perfectly what happens with
analyze, vacuum and toast areas. By the way, I used pgstattuple and I found it
was marvelous.

A last question: would you know any tool like pgstattuple but doing similar
things on indexes? I am particulary interested in how an index become
fragmented.If there is not, maybe I will dig into pgstattuple code and try to
figure out how could I do similar job on indexes.

Thanks again

Best regards

Eduardo Morelli