patch to create system view that lists cursors

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: patch to create system view that lists cursors
Date: 2006-01-12 09:51:32
Lists: pgsql-patches
Attached is a patch to create a new system view pg_cursors to list all
available cursors to the current session and transaction.

The patch itself is quite analogous to the patch for pg_prepared_statements
I submitted in December.

The attributes is_holdable, is_binary and is_scrollable are exposed in the
view.

There's a TODO item that only talks about WITH HOLD cursors, however the
proposed system view lists WITHOUT HOLD cursors as well.

   o %Allow pooled connections to list all open WITH HOLD cursors

     Because WITH HOLD cursors exist outside transactions, this allows
     them to be listed so they can be closed.

I noticed that there is no regression test for binary cursors. Should there
be one? I now create one to check the view but don't actually query it.

Joachim

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Neil ConwayDate: 2006-01-12 10:05:46