Re: libpq and auth type

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq and auth type
Date: 2006-01-11 10:50:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
>   I'm unable to find it in docs. Is there a way in libpq to determine
> which authentication method will use PgSQL server?
>   I ask becouse I think about improvement in ODBC connection.
> Magnus point to bug with kerberos auth so we need remove username
> checking. But it breaks another auth methods ...

Is it so stupid question? I can't find it in mail list archive.
Maybe I put wrong words.

When ODBC connect to backend with special parameter it needs to
popup dialog (on windows) to enter (unspecified) username, password,
etc which is needed by backend to authenticate.
But this is againist kerberos (and maybe trust) authentication.

Must I connect to backend myself (not using libpq)? Could you point me
to corresponding libpq code from which I can learn it?

Thanks,

Luf