Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Date: 2006-01-02 03:36:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I also support this change.  My clients have tended to move
machines and networks around a lot as well as move databases from machine
to machine.  It would be nice to let the network gurus concentrate
on getting the dns servers up and correct and leverage that
work instead of having to change pg_hba.conf when these changes