PQfformat() and Composite Formatted Results

From: Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PQfformat() and Composite Formatted Results
Date: 2005-12-30 23:37:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

PQfformat() returns the format code indicating the format of the
given column. But, AFAIC, it's not possible to gather composite
formatted results using current query execution functions. They
only permit to specify the return format of the whole result
struct. (Like all of them will be binary or text.) Therefore, there
doesn't remain any usage difference between PQbinaryTuples() and
PQfformat().

Please fix me if I'm wrong. Is this remained as a TODO for the
protocol or I missed something totally?

Regards.