Re: Hang investigation

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Ilja Golshtein <ilejn(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hang investigation
Date: 2005-12-30 14:23:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 12:02:59PM +0300, Ilja Golshtein wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm developing application uses PG as backend.
> A recent stress test found out a serious trouble. Briefly,
> libpq does not return control after COMMIT, while
> commit actually happened Ok.

Hmm, sounds like a race condition. Most important would be strace of
postmaster and client at time of hang. If you have gdb and have
compiled with debug, attaching to them both will pinpoint the exact
line of code both a stuck on. From there we should be able to provide
more advice.

Have a nice day,