Plz help to install pg8.1.1 as service & without service without using installation app provided by postgres

From: Mohamed Fazil <mohdfazil_p_a(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pg-admin postgre <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net
Subject: Plz help to install pg8.1.1 as service & without service without using installation app provided by postgres
Date: 2005-12-29 15:02:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

  Please Help me out. I will explain you my purpose and the things that i had done.

  I want to install the database in some of client pc. Some needs it as a service and some does not. I cant use postgres intallation application in my application.

  I installed pg8.1.1 in my pc with the postgress installation kit using full administartor rights and it is working fine. But what i required is to install pg8.1 as service and without service(optional) without using postgres installation application.

  As you said i installed the database in my system by registering the service using pg_ctl register in my pc. I had uninstalled the installed database before doing this. Only the thing that i used is the user created by previous installation. It works fine in my pc.

  But When i tried to do the same process in another pc by creating a user manually, it shows me the following error
  System Error 1069 has occured
  The Service did not start due to a logon failiure
  That user contains complete rights.

  Please provide me a solution for this.

  The other case is when i tried to install without a service.
  In this case i am able to start the database using pg_ctl start, but only after logging as a different user that does not have administrator rights. Then it works. Here the surprise is i am able to install in the system that does not have full ladministrator rights by copying libpq.dll either in bin or in \system32. Then it works after logging as different user without full rights. Please provide a solution to start in the same user but not as a service.

  Fazil

Yahoo! Shopping

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Dennis WagnerDate: 2005-12-29 17:21:47