Req Documentation for installing PG SQL8.1 by hand

From: Mohamed Fazil <mohdfazil_p_a(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pg-admin postgre <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net
Subject: Req Documentation for installing PG SQL8.1 by hand
Date: 2005-12-29 11:29:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
  Hi Magnus,

  Thanks a lot for the info. It works! I am still facing some issues related to rights when I do not run PG as a service. Could you help me by providing the documentation to do the installation of pg8.0 by hand.

    From a postgres mail archive I saw your following quote...

  The required documentation to do it by hand is available. It's the same
requirements as unix, except you have to translate paths and permissions
to windows. The only other difference is you have to register it as a
service, vs on unix you put it in /etc/rc.d.

  The llink for the archive is
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2005-07/msg00029.php

  Awaiting your response.

  Fazil

Yahoo! Photos

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Sandro GaroffoloDate: 2005-12-29 12:02:01