Re: 2 Questions

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ramon Orticio <rporticio(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 2 Questions
Date: 2005-12-23 18:59:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
> 2. how can a jpeg or bmp file be stored in postgres.
>
> thanks for any idea.
>
> merry christmas!
>
> ramon

Ramon, one of my db functions is to display pdf files
- which can be considered similar to a picture.

i chose NOT to store the pdfs in my db.  rather, i
store a link to the pdf file.  i can't search my pdf
(i don't think i can, and if i could, it suspect it
would be a brutal process), but i can search for a
link to a pdf b/c i set up a naming convention.

for example, take part number 12345.

an_12345 = assembly note pdf
tn_12345 = test note pdf

i use php to search for the p/n input by the user and
i can append the standard nomenclature in order to
search for all the relevant pdf files (pictures).

you may want to consider doing something similar or
modifying the technique to suit your purposes.

good luck.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com