Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?

From: Juan Casero <caseroj(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?
Date: 2005-12-22 03:31:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

Sorry folks. I had a couple of glasses of wine as I wrote this. Anyway I
originally wanted the box to have more than two drives so I could do RAID 5
but that is going to cost too much. Also, contrary to my statement below it
seems to me I should run the 32 bit postgresql server on the 64 bit kernel.
Would you agree this will probably yield the best performance? I know it
depends alot on the system but for now this database is about 20 gigabytes.
Not too large right now but it may grow 5x in the next year.

Thanks,
Juan