BUG #2118: could not connect to server

From: "zhuge xiao" <zhuge(at)Rinaix(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2118: could not connect to server
Date: 2005-12-20 08:44:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2118
Logged by:          zhuge xiao
Email address:      zhuge(at)Rinaix(dot)cn
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Linux ( FC4 )
Details:

Help me!

I have edited the program testlibpq.c which is copied from the PostgreSQL
document to make it become a CGI program. And I have succeeded to compile
the programme, testlibpq.c from the command line:
   [zhuge(at)xiao2 src]$ cc -o testlibpq testlibpq.c -lpq

And it can run from the command line:
   [zhuge(at)xiao2 src]$ ./testlibpq

Then, I copied the excuteable program to the CGI directory,
/var/www/cgi-bin. And let it run from the Mozilla Firefox browser whose URL
was http://localhost/cgi-bin/testlibpq. But I failed. The result was that
the below message was displayed in the browser:
could not connect to server: Permission denied
Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain
socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

The above message was produced by the below code:
if (PQstatus(conn) != CONNECTION_OK)
        {
        fprintf(stdout, PQerrorMessage(conn));
                exit_nicely(conn);
        }

How can I do? Please help me!

Thank you very much.

zhuge(at)Rinaix(dot)cn

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Fred PerniDate: 2005-12-20 11:02:41