Re: High context switches occurring

From: Juan Casero <caseroj(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: High context switches occurring
Date: 2005-12-20 04:16:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

Guys -

Help me out here as I try to understand this benchmark. What is the Sun
hardware and operating system we are talking about here and what is the intel
hardware and operating system? What was the Sun version of PostgreSQL
compiled with? Gcc on Solaris (assuming sparc) or Sun studio? What was
PostgreSQL compiled with on intel? Gcc on linux?

Thanks,
Juan