[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000481 ] VFP and SQLCancel

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000481 ] VFP and SQLCancel
Date: 2005-12-19 19:14:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000481, was opened at 2005-12-14 02:06
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000481&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Visual FoxPro program has problem with psqlodbc. It use SQLCancel without
FreeStmt(SQL_Close) and FreeStmt(SQL_RESET_PARAMS) as usually. It fails in next SQLExecDirect call somtimes (data_at_exec parameter).

Andrus reports this behaviour two times in mailing list. I think it needs new configuration option for it as patch for this problem break ODBC specification.

I attach DLLs (based on 8.01.0104 dev snapshot) which may fix this problem.

>Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
I verified that my both repros do not cause errors and installed dlls to a small production system.
It is interesting that 16.12 file sizes are exactly the same as previous, 14.12.5 versions:

16.12.2005 18:23 331_776 psqlodbcw.dll
16.12.2005 18:22 323_584 psqlodbca.dll

Comment By: Andrus Moor (kobruleht)

Date: 2005-12-18 11:26

Message:
I added better fix for this into psqlodbc 8.01.0105 development snapshot. Please test it and drop me a note in pgsql-odbc mailing list.
If it's ok I'll close this bug report.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2005-12-16 17:29

Message:
I hope I have good information for you ;-)
I go another way and I find better solution for this problem. I remove Dave's patch and the first test suite from Andrus works :-)
There is new DLLs attached. Please try and report.

Comment By: Ludek Finstrle (luf)
Date: 2005-12-14 02:12

Message:
I forgot attach diff againist CVS.