Re: VB6 and RowCount fix

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: VB6 and RowCount fix
Date: 2005-12-18 01:06:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> > > Attached. You'll need vb6 runtimes of course, as well as MDAC 2.6 or
> > > above.
> >
> > This example doesn't work even againist old version of psqlodbc.
> > With Parse Statement on the old driver return error:
> > Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
> > With Parse Statement off the old driver return -1
> >
> > Are you sure this example is right?
>
> It reproduces the issue correctly, however I don't recall whether or not
> Recordset.RowCount worked in old versions of the driver in the first
> place. It may well have been broken before.

I disagree. I try your example even againist MS SQL and it still returns
-1. The test suite for VB6 RowCount you sent me doesn't work at all.

Please is someone in the list who can create minimalistic application
in VB6 which test if psqlODBC 08.01.0104 handles RowCount correctly?

Thanks,

Luf

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: noreplyDate: 2005-12-18 10:26:12