Re: Next development steps?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Next development steps?
Date: 2005-12-14 17:04:02
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> > 1) clean the code (and UI) with drop all non-trivial features
> >    - these features make the code unreadable and complicated with
> >      no proper behaviour right now
> >    - there is no error report for them since libpq support
> >      (exclude [#1000413] Optimistic lock cannot be used with
> > updateable
> >       cursors - I think updateable cursor doesn't work at all)
>
> What features do you have in mind?

All which use backend_tuples or is unreachable at least.
I'm sorry I don't have a list. It is only my ideas based on
what I see through patching. I also try to start cleaning code
and I always stop becouse I go to updateable cursor implementation
or DRIVER_CURSOR or something similar.

> I'm more inclined to create a stable branch and develop in tip.

I'm sorry I'm unable to translate "develop in tip".
I think that we use current stable version as start point for
development branch. I don't think we could share code between this
two branches. It doesn't lead to better (readable) code.

> Can I also assume you expect to be around for a good while to work on
> this ambitious plan? ODBC developers are few and far between, so
> starting a major project can be quite a commitment for all of us.

Yes. I'm planning this mainly for me (maybe someone join me/us).

Regards,

Luf