[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000476 ] DateStyle and Transaction

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000476 ] DateStyle and Transaction
Date: 2005-12-09 22:59:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Bugs item #1000476, was opened at 2005-12-08 15:43
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000476&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I work with auto_commit mode off, I can issue ODBC rollback command after my first statements. After that driver loses his DateStyle ISO setting which one driver setup at begin.
So, later it will return date fields in wrong format if my default database style is different then ISO (I'm using European,SQL format).
Here is example attached. Gzipped TAR archive includes mylog file and postgresql log file.

I'm using Linux with unixODBC 2.2.9, psqlodbc 08.01.0102 with options "Threading=0, UseDeclareFetch=1". In application, I've turned auto_commit mode off.

P.S. The same thing we'll see if we cancel first select statement. After cancellation there will be "ROLLBACK" command which drops DateStyle setting too. What I think, driver should issue "COMMIT" right after settings in connection procedure. For example, call CC_commit() at the end of CC_send_settings() function.