Re: ODBC driver failure

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC driver failure
Date: 2005-12-05 17:00:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> BTW, did I understand from your earlier email that you are still looking
> at the other server side prepare issue we've been discussing with
> Rainer, or is the last patch good in your opinion?

I think psqlodbc-server_side_prepare.diff and
psqlodbc_server_side_prepare2.diff are good enough. But I'm waiting if
Rainer send steps which leads to bug.

BTW do you know why ExecDirect test open cursor? I'm talking about
SELECT statements. Cursor is opened in PGAPI_Execute so there can't
be called ExecDirect after Execute or ExecDirect. There is no limitation
for calling Execute, Prepare, Execute :-( Check in SQLDirect is done
by SC_opencheck:
if (res = SC_get_Curres(self), NULL != res)
{
	if (res->backend_tuples)
	{
		SC_set_error(self, STMT_SEQUENCE_ERROR, "The cursor is open.");
		SC_log_error(func, "", self);
		return TRUE;
	}
}
I have no idea why is it doing this way :-(

Luf