Re: BUG #2092: No answer to bug reports 1975 and 2055

From: Dirk Pirschel <dirk(at)pirschel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2092: No answer to bug reports 1975 and 2055
Date: 2005-12-03 19:19:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

* Tom Lane wrote on Sat, 03 Dec 2005 at 13:11 -0500:
> * Dirk Pirschel writes:
>
> > No answer to bug reports 1975 and 2055 yet. Are you going to fix these
> > issues, or is AIX currently unsupportet?
>
> You seem to have a problem with missing SSL in the link, but I don't
> see why that should be; ecpg certainly tries to link to ssl.  You'll
> need to dig into it a little bit for yourself.  You haven't provided
> enough context to let anyone else reproduce the problem even if they
> had AIX which most of us don't

The first time, i have posted all configure and make output.  I received
a "message size too large" from the mailing list server.  Unfortunately,
the www bug reporting form did not complain about message size, only the
mail server does later.  The second time i have truncated the output to
the compiler errors.

> for example, what configure arguments did you use?

Nothing relevant.

./configure --prefix=$HOME/software --with-includes=/client/include --with-libs=/client/lib
[...]
checking whether to build with OpenSSL support... no

Any hints where to investigate?

-Dirk

--
Windoze is bootiful