Re: Application crash after error - please help

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application crash after error - please help
Date: 2005-12-02 09:05:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> In klient table I have
> info text,
>
> column.
>
> If I remove this column from klient table, error does not occur.
>
> So it seems that this error occurs if table has text type column.

Hello,

I investigate it a little bit more and I go to the end of my
knolwdge. I hope someone on the list could help.

You insert data with data at exec. It mean you call:
1) SQLExecDirect with ? as parameters needed (3 of them)
2) SQLParamData
3) SQLPutData (only for text column)
4) SQLParamData - which execute the query but fail and return SQL_ERROR
5) SQLCancel - this is point of the problem. I don't know if it may
destroy Binding Parameters at all

6) SQLExecDirect without parameters needed - but ODBC driver execpt
3 parameters becouse you didn't call SQLFreeStmt (SQL_DROP or
SQL_ - I forget the name which frees only binding params)
ODBC driver doesn't investigate number od parameters from statement.
Maybe this is point of problem?
7) SQLParamData - go throught well
- your application failed. The point of failure isn't exactly in ODBC
driver but it correspond with SQLPutData is needed.

I'm not sure if it's problem of psqlODBC driver. Could someone more
experienced help?

Thanks a lot

Luf