Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access

From: "Chris Moore" <chrismoore(at)surewest(dot)net>
To: "'Campbell, Greg'" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access
Date: 2005-12-01 18:40:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-odbc

I verified that the primary key was correct, and also turned on
row versioning, but still got the same thing.

Then I noticed that it was only one particular table that was having
problems. It occurred to me that this table had several fields of
type "text", one of which had rows in which this field had close to
a thousand characters in it. I changed all the "text" fields to
"varchar", making the one big one a varchar(2048). That seems to have
fixed the problem.

By the way, I did try searching for "#Deleted", but the search engine
tries to be helpful and also find instances of "delete", "deleting",
etc. There were just too many hits to be able to weed through them
all and find the relevant ones.

Thanks for your help.

Chris