ODBC driver is broken

From: P G <pgress5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver is broken
Date: 2005-12-01 00:39:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am new to PostgreSQL and would like to use it for a
project that is starting soon. I have a query that I
am looping through with successive Fetch statements
via ODBC. All the statements parse fine with no error
messages. When it gets to fetch the first row, it
crashes.

I checked the PostgreSQL.org site and sure enough
there is a bug opened
on exactly this for the ODBC driver.

Is there someone working on this bug? How can we go
about fixing this? I am using version 8.1. Would an
earlier version fix this? If this is not resolved, I
don't believe we can use PostgreSQL at all.

PS. This is my second try posting this message.
Apologies if some people see it twice.