Re: BUG #2077: Hiding databases which I am not owner

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <eulerto(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Martin Pelikan <martin(dot)pelikan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2077: Hiding databases which I am not owner
Date: 2005-11-30 23:34:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs
--- Martin Pelikan <martin(dot)pelikan(at)gmail(dot)com> escreveu:

> I think it's a bug because of security - nosey people are
> everywhere...
No. It's a feature.

> And I want not to other people see how many users and databases are
> here -
> server is half-public :)

See is one thing, access is another thing. We never hid databases and
other catalog objects. Instead we allow and deny access to this
databases. See pg_hba.conf documentation for information.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br

Yahoo! doce lar. Fa├ža do Yahoo! sua homepage.
http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html