Re: svr2/unionfs

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Subject: Re: svr2/unionfs
Date: 2005-11-30 01:29:24
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

If we're just going to do that, then it does make it alot simplier ... but
don't worry about the wwwmaster2 stage, since you aren't changing
anything, you are just merging the file systems.

cd <template root>
find . -print | cpio -pdma /vm/186/svr2.postgresql.org.n
shutdown svr2
cd /vm/186/svr2.postgresql.org
find . -print | cpio -pduma ../svr2.postgresql.org.n
cd ..
mv svr2.postgresql.org svr2.postgresql.org.orig
mv svr2.postgresql.org.n svr2.postgresql.org

change template id in /usr/local/etc/jail.conf to 7 (I believe that
start_jail on that server recognizes that as "do not mount a template")
and then restart ...

You haven't changed any applications, or versions, or anything ... and, in
fact, you still have all the ports information in /var/db/pkg, so you can
remove ports as desired (ie. all the java stuff) ...

for this, I wouldn't run a duplicate in tandem, that's just more work then
this requires ...

----