Re: Reduce dependancies of postmaster (without --as-needed)

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reduce dependancies of postmaster (without --as-needed)
Date: 2005-11-29 11:25:28
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 01:16:53AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I dug a bit in the cvs history, and found that -lresolv was added
> quite late, apparently in response to this:

Marvellous. Another shared library doesn't wasn't linked against a
library it needs. This idea that shared libraries should be allowed to
have undefined symbols is something that really should be deprecated.
Kerberos support on my Debian system doesn't have this bug but then
Debian has always been stricter about this kind of thing.

> -lPW was added "for SCO support" in 1997:

Ok, I've added it to the platforms/libraries dependancies list I'm
compiling. I've got all the relevent info from the old

Have a nice day,
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>