Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: segfault of autovacuum process during restore - coredumps included
Date: 2005-11-28 13:00:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Frank van Vugt wrote:

> Since I started to use v8.1 I've been seeing incidental segfaults of the
> autovacuum process, probably when it is kicking in at some particular point
> during the pg_restore of a database:

Hum, I'm unable to reproduce the problem here; could you give me the
code for the functions in the functional indexes for tables 164956 or
227469? They must be non-trivial SQL functions AFAICT (I'm rather
unable to figure out their shape based only on the backtrace.)

The attached patch should correct the problem, but I'd like to make sure
it does ...

Attachment Content-Type Size
autovac-snapshot.patch text/plain 861 bytes