Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate
Date: 2005-11-25 18:28:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Unless I missed something PLphp will be able to be in core (once it
> is all cleaned up). At least
> that was the last consensus that I read. My understanding was that it
> just wouldn't compile
> by default?

Well, either you missed something or I missed something. :-)

The last proposal I heard was that we move all core languages a bit
farther away from the core and then add hitherto-non-core languages at
that same level. This would possibly mean that these languages become
their own CVS module but in the same CVS tree, and we'd release them
all at the same time as the server release but in separate source
packages. This will resolve all concerns about bit/interface rot,
circular build dependencies, and you'd get no more objection from me
about pltemplate.

--
Peter Eisentraut