how to test a PL/pgSQL function using pgAdmin III ?

From: Charles Bai <charlesbaiusa(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: postgre sql- <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how to test a PL/pgSQL function using pgAdmin III ?
Date: 2005-11-23 15:22:24
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

  I created a plpgsql function in pgAdmin III and it will insert a record into a table. I am not ready to test it with my App. Can I test it first with pgAdmin III Query window? What would be the syntax to test it?

  My function is      myuser_insert(varchar, varchar)

  I tried

  Execute myuser_insert('mylogin_id', 'mypassword');

  But not working. ERROR:  prepared statement "myuser_insert" does not exist

  Thanks for any help.

pgsql-novice by date

Previous:From: Raphael BauduinDate: 2005-11-23 14:51:38
Subject: myfunc_setvar and postgresql 8.1