BUG #2065: Problem with language conversion in pg_dump

From: "Wim Audenaert" <wima85(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2065: Problem with language conversion in pg_dump
Date: 2005-11-22 15:50:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2065
Logged by:          Wim Audenaert
Email address:      wima85(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.0.2
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

I have a database created with encoding UTF8 while I used SQL_ASCII for the
installation of Postgres 8.1.0.

When I try to do a pg_dump of my database, I get the following error
message:

pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function
170
39
pg_dump: The command was: SELECT tableoid, oid, adnum,
pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(ad
bin, adrelid) AS adsrc FROM pg_catalog.pg_attrdef WHERE adrelid =
'23268'::pg_ca
talog.oid

I looked for the function 17039 in the pg_proc table, and this function
doesn't exist. It does exists in an older version of the database (8.0).

I tried to use the encoding parameter in pg_dump, but without success.

What can I do resolve this problem?

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: apcoDate: 2005-11-22 20:38:06