Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>, Mohan Pakkurti <mpakkurt(at)bea(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Swedish PostgreSQL site needs volunteers
Date: 2005-11-17 21:17:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 17 November 2005 14:24, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > > if we want
> > > postgresql.org
> > >
> > > Is there a translation framework? That's news to me. Has
> > > there been a call for translations or something?
> Hmm, so how is one supposed to use it? From the visitor point of view,
> _and_ from the translator POV as well?

From the translator POV, there are a number of static files and a pot file
that would need to be translated, basically using static files and cvs..
After that there is some content that is database driven (news/events for
example) that can be translated through the web interface. From the users
end I think it basically works by users navigating to postgresql.org and then
based on thier browser settings they are automagically served up content in
the appropriate language.

--
Robert Treat