[ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000416 ] Tables not shown when linking from Access to the server. Prior drivers worked.

From: <noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>
To: noreply(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [ psqlodbc-Bugs-1000416 ] Tables not shown when linking from Access to the server. Prior drivers worked.
Date: 2005-11-15 10:56:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Bugs item #1000416, was opened at 2005-11-08 16:24
You can respond by visiting:
http://pgfoundry.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=538&aid=1000416&group_id=1000125

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Versions used:
- psqlODBC 08.01.0100
- PostgreSQL 8.1 in windows
- Access 2000

Problem:
>From Access, using the new ODBC driver, when trying to link to the tables of the server... we are shown the system tables but not the user ones (those from the public scheme).

Expected results:
We should see all the tables so we could make links to the tables we need.

Additional comments:
- We tried it from two computers and the results were the same.
- There was no problem using psql from any computer.
- In the same Access database, we programmed some code to read the data of the tables, via ODBC, and there was no problem (so it seems it is not a problem of permissions).
- We switched back to the "snapshot" psqlodbc-08_01_0005.zip and it worked!. Maybe is a regression bug?

I'm available to do whatever tryings are needed.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for it all!

Comment By: Nobody (None)
Date: 2005-11-15 10:56

Message:
For keeping the quality:

In psqlodbc-08_01_0101.zip, in upgrade.bat it says:
You must have psqlODBC 08.08.xxxx installed

It seems it should say 08.xxxx

[Now I'll try the new driver. People thank you for all your work!]

Comment By: Dave Page (dpage)