Re: Problem Connecting to DB After 8.1 Upgrade

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem Connecting to DB After 8.1 Upgrade
Date: 2005-11-14 18:39:09
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

> i have the following adodb code (which shouldn't be
> too hard to figure out for those not familiar with
> adodb):
>
> $db = &ADONewConnection('postgres8');

$db->Connect('localhost','postgres','3mydata5','mydb');
> if (!$db) die('Connection failed');
> $db->debug = true;
>
> $sql_product = 'SELECT product_id, product_number
> FROM
> t_product ' .
> 'ORDER BY product_number ASC';
>
> $sql_employee = 'SELECT employee_id, first_name ||
> \'
> \' || last_name FROM t_employee ORDER BY
> LOWER(first_name) ASC';
>
> $db->StartTrans();
> $rs_product = $db->Execute($sql_product);
> $rs_employee = $db->Execute($sql_employee);
> $db->CompleteTrans();
>
> $db is true, but i don't think i'm connecting to the
> db. i can echo text prior to the transaction, but i
> can't echo anything after the transaction. i
> removed
> the transaction and just left the Execute statements
> -
> same problem.
>
> does anyone have any idea why this isn't working?
>
> tia...

upon further review, it appears my users and groups
didn't survive the backup and restore procedure since
pgsql 8.1 is looking for group roles and login roles.

even so, i don't understand why postgres (a current
login role) is not connecting to the db.

i will try and mimic my prior setup and go from there.

http://mail.yahoo.com