Re: Application using PostgreSQL as a back end (experienced programmers please)

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application using PostgreSQL as a back end (experienced programmers please)
Date: 2005-11-14 16:36:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Saturday 12 November 2005 10:58, Bill Dika wrote:
>... I feel
> comfortable setting up the database in PostgreSQL, but in creating
> the GUI front end, I'm not sure how to invest my time....

If you are interested at all in cross-platform you might look at Qt
(already included with many Linux distros). It has all the widgets
and PG connectivity is not a problem.

You seem negative on web-based solutions but I don't imagine that
tax-prep requires much more than what a browser has to offer. If you
need drag 'n' drop or to dynamically populate fields, drop-downs,
etc., look into what AJAX can let you do.

Cheers,
Steve