Special portuguese characters are not displayed in

From: Carlos Benkendorf <carlosbenkendorf(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Special portuguese characters are not displayed in
Date: 2005-10-31 13:50:06
Lists: pgsql-odbc
We were using ODBC driver and now we are trying to use ODBC driver version but portuguese special characters are not showed in the right way.
The database was created with encoding LATIN1, postgresql.conf with client_encoding = LATIN1 and we´re not using any command in the "Connect settings" field of the ODBC driver.
The following table is used for the tests:
CREATE TABLE empregado
  nome char(50)
DELPHI 7 SQL Explorer tool is used to emulate an application working with the table through ODBC. Using driver all the data are showed right but when I changed to the contents of column "nome" does not appear any more, only spaces.
If I use pgAdmin III and execute:
then all the characters are displayed in the right way, even those inserted by SQL Explorer tool.
It could be the DELPHI 7 SQL Explorer tool that is not working well, even so, with the data could be displayed by the tool.
Is it a ODBC driver error or maybe there is something wrong with DELPHI 7 SQL Explorer tool?
Does anybody know another simple way to emulate an application using the ODBC driver?

 Promoção Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: a cada hora navegada você
acumula cupons e concorre a mais de 500 prêmios! Participe!

pgsql-odbc by date