Re: create table in transaction fails

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: psql(at)dgrmm(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create table in transaction fails
Date: 2005-10-30 18:56:44
Lists: pgsql-general
On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 05:56:41PM -0500, psql(at)dgrmm(dot)net wrote:
> I have a php script to upgrade a database, and it works just fine when not in a
> transaction, but it fails when I turn on a transaction.

When you start a transaction and you get an error, all subsequent
commands will be ignored until you commit or rollback.

> The error is:
> [db_error: message="DB Error: unknown error" code=-1 mode=return level=notice
> prefix="" info="CREATE TABLE maia_themes ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, name
> VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL, path VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL) [nativecode=ERROR: current
> transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block]"]

No, this is the message telling you it's ignoring the command. The
actual error is ealier in the same transaction... Fix that and this
will solve itself...

Hope this helps,
Martijn van Oosterhout   <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>