querying while copying into a table and optimizations

From: davidgn(at)servidor(dot)unam(dot)mx
To: postgresql listserv <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: querying while copying into a table and optimizations
Date: 2005-10-28 18:22:43
Lists: pgsql-general
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:22:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: davidgn(at)servidor(dot)unam(dot)mx

Hi
This is postgresql 7.4
I am trying to check that postgres is updating a table.
I have a pretty large ascii table  file (+- 210 Mb) which I am copying into a
table with pgsql, but it is taking a long time, and any select query I do to the
table returns me 0 rows

Is there any way to ask postgres to update the data more frequently or some way
to make it end sooner?
I am a bit clueless as to what can I do to the configuration files to optimize
this copy.

Thank you

www.correo.unam.mx
UNAMonos Comunicndonos

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: William YuDate: 2005-10-28 18:46:01