Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size <a_big_number_here>

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>,Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size <a_big_number_here>
Date: 2005-10-28 16:24:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> writes:

> > Were you able to create a test case?  I tried several things, including
> > stopping a backend in the middle of creating a MultiXactId, but no luck
> > yet.
>
> I've had some success using Tatsuo's new scriptable pgbench:

Hmm.  I wasn't able to reproduce it with this on my desktop machine, but
maybe it's because it's slow as hell.  I plugged my notebook however and
I was able to.

Additionally, I can confirm that the problem doesn't manifest with your
latest patch.  I'm running several instances just to be sure.

Thanks,

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Acepta los honores y aplausos y perderĂ¡s tu libertad"