Learning server programming

From: Michael Schuerig <michael(at)schuerig(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Learning server programming
Date: 2005-10-28 14:13:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm looking for information on learning how to write stored procedures
and server-side programming in general. The docs provide a reference,
of course, but that only tells what one can do, not what one should do.
In particular, I'm interested in how server programming fits in with
system architecture at large. I have in mind issues such as O/R-mapping
when the database isn't just a dumb data store, handling of tasks like
authorization in the application or in the db server.

Any recommendations where to start reading?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig The more it stays the same,
mailto:michael(at)schuerig(dot)de The less it changes!