Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size <a_big_number_here>

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size <a_big_number_here>
Date: 2005-10-28 14:49:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Matteo Beccati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >Should I try Alvaro's second patch that you said not going to work?
>
> I'll add that this works for me, that's it prevents invalid alloc
> requests to show.

Yeah, the problem with that patch is that there's another, different
race condition, of much lower probability.  So your original problem is
fixed, but there's still a bug.

--
Alvaro Herrera                           Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org
"Just treat us the way you want to be treated + some extra allowance