Re: Sequence dependencies

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sequence dependencies
Date: 2005-10-26 03:01:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that in the release notes there is a large query that should be
> run if upgrading from prior to 8.1, to ensure that sequence dependencies
> are recorded.
>
> Should we not just make this part of contrib/adddepend?

Uh, I thought adddepend did more than just sequence dependencies, and I
am worried it might mess up someone's database. Also, by doing it
manually, users will see which sequences are being changed to late
binding, and perhaps catch ones they do not want changed.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us