BUG #2000: psql does not prompt for password

From: "Todd" <tdoolitt(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #2000: psql does not prompt for password
Date: 2005-10-26 02:28:47
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2000
Logged by:          Todd
Email address:      tdoolitt(at)comcast(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.1 Beta 4
Operating system:   Windows Xp home
Details:

psql -U postgres does not prompt for password and responds with...

psql: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "postgres".

even when I pass the -W option it doesn't prompt for password and gives me
the error above.  I deleted and recreated my cluster and get the same
result.  I can connect to the database using PgAdmin as user postgres.

pgsql-bugs by date