Re: Current Version??

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Current Version??
Date: 2005-10-25 22:31:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tuesday 25 October 2005 15:18, Craig Griffith wrote:
> I am under the impression that I just installed the latest and
> greatest PostgreSQL 8.1 Beta but when I execute
> psql -V it reports 7.3.4. Does the front end have a different rev?
> How do I interrogate for the real rev, if so?

psql -V gives the version of the psql front-end.

Attaching to the database and running "select version();" gives the
version of the database software.

You probably have an old version of the psql program sitting around
and the new psql is farther back in your path or possibly not in your
path at all depending on your build options.

Even if the new psql is in your path and you remove the old one
beware. I've seen bash cache the location of binaries and fail to
find the correct one till you've exited and come back in.

Cheers,
Steve