Re: PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 Service Password Problem - WinXP Home

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Wes Williams <wes_williams(at)fcbonline(dot)net>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0 Service Password Problem - WinXP Home
Date: 2005-10-24 19:26:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

wooooo hoooo!

wes, worked like a charm, however, i was never able to
view the postgres user in winxp home - so the only way
to verify this worked was to run the installer again -
and it worked as if there was no prior install so all
is well!

i remember posting "net user..." command calls to
delete the service (but not the user) within the last
few days... but i didn't make the connection to
users.

thanks to all who helped and thanks to wes for the
answer that actually worked for winxp home (winxp pro
likely has more functionality here).