Error on pgAdminIII 1.2.2 and 1.4.0

From: Keith <keithcelt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error on pgAdminIII 1.2.2 and 1.4.0
Date: 2005-10-22 05:12:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings,

I've reviewed the messages for the last few months and
googled my problem but cannot see an answer.

At work we installed pgSQL 8.0.4. All the defaults
were accepted on the server (Win 2003). At home I
installed also (Win XP), this time with all the
optional data types and functions.

Whenever I connect to the work server from home (but
not localhost) I get the following message: "Error:
pg_postmaster_starttime() does not exist. HINT: No
function matches the given name and argument types.
You may need to add explicit type casts."

Additionally I cannot create new databases or
users/groups on the remote server. I checked my
permissions and I am superuser. Other people log in
with my credentials and everything works for them.
Nobody else reports the above error message.

I uninstall/reinstalled and then tried pgAdminIII
1.4.0 but the behavior is identical. I also disabled
my sw firewall and reconfigured the hw to test ports.
Admittedly these issues may be unrelated, but I do not
understand the problem.

System Config
WinXP SP2 with all updates
Symantec Client Firewall